We offer internships from 3 to 6 months for university credit.
The WerkStadt – an arts non-profit.
The WerkStadt Arts Union is dedicated to providing a platform and opportunities for artists, as well as promoting community arts, and arts administration projects. You will find us in Körnerkiez in northern Neukölln, where we provide artist studios and rooms for presentations, events, or just to meet up with colleagues and locals.
The WerkStadt sees itself as an art production facility and artistic platform - here artists work together in shared studios. A wide array of events and exhibitions take place in various addresses. We also promote artistic exchange, and joint development and implementation in cultural production. Meanwhile, the association has established itself as a well-known cultural institution and a popular meeting place in the neighbourhood.
• Work on arts projects, such as Art for all generations, Illuminations, and October Children's Month.
• General office work (correspondence, appointments)
• Public relations (preliminary work for editing, graphic design, online services)
• Coordination of smaller projects and events
• Communication with artists and managing artist studios
• Exhibition assitance (preparation, curating, installation, documentation)
• Assistance in marketing and fundraising
• Broad and far-reaching experience in arts administration, community arts, and project management
• Flexible working hours
• Insights into the organization of artist run institutions
• Experience in coordinating cultural events, performances, and exhibitions
• An international and multi-cultural field of work
• Opportunities in marketing, press work, and public relations
• Good communication abilities and team skills
• Strong interest in the arts, working with artists, and arts institutions
• Good English proficiency
• (Some knowledge in German is appeciated and helpful)